When We Are Closed
We ask that you only use the out of hours service for urgent problems that will not wait until surgery is next open. West Yorkshire Urgent Care and Local Care Direct provide out of hours care for our patients. If you do require a doctor simply ring the surgery number and your call will be diverted to the service.
Call the new 111 service when you need help fast but it is not an emergency. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. NHS 111 is a new service that's being introduced to make it easier for you to access local NHS healthcare services. You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time.
Minor Injuries Unit
St George’s Centre, Middleton, Leeds LS10 4UZ.
The Minor Injuries Unit is open Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 22:30 and can:
- See anyone who has had a recent injury
- Bandage, stitch, put “pots” on and carry out other treatments
- X-ray limbs
- Supply medication for infections, pain and allergic reactions
- Give advice about treatments, health promotion and further care
- Refer to Specialists, GPs and other hospitals if required
We encourage our patients to attend the Minor Injuries Unit for the above conditions as it is often a quicker option than attending a hospital A & E Department.
A & E
The nearest Accident & Emergency Departments are:
- Leeds General Infirmary in the centre of Leeds (0113 2432799)
- St James’s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF (0113 2433144)
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.